The Emerald Resort & Casino Code of Commitment governs the conduct of our business. It’s a public pledge to our employees, customers, communities, and the environment to honour the trust they have placed in us.
•We invest in our employees by providing excellent and valuable benefits, including medical aid and provident fund.
•We share success through rewards for employees.
•We encourage professional and personal growth of our employees through bursary programmes, on-the-job training, career development, and promotion from within.
•We actively seek and respond to employee opinions on all aspects of their jobs, from the quality of their supervisors to the quality of our resort.
•We are committed to building a workplace that embodies cultural diversity within our business.
•We do not cash payroll or benefit cheques.
•We have processes for customers to voluntarily self-exclude and to restrict their casino cash desk facilities and direct marketing.
•We display freephone helpline numbers for problem gambling in our ads, brochures and advertising, and we provide financial support for those helplines.
•We train our employees about the importance of responsible gaming, and how to offer help to customers who may need it.
•We emphasise to our employees that casino gaming is an adults-only activity, and require them to be vigilant in preventing individuals under the legal age from entering and/or playing at our casinos.
• We restrict the placement and content of our advertising and marketing materials to age-appropriate venues and messages.
•We support diversity, empowerment, transformation and inclusion within our procurement processes, actively seeking out suppliers who demonstrate favourable Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) ratings.
•We conduct our business with honesty and integrity and act in accordance with the highest ethical and legal standards.
•We share our financial success with our communities by donating a portion of company profits to community and charitable causes.
• We encourage our employees to volunteer in the community and charitable causes.
• We value the diversity and vitality of the communities in which we operate, and are committed to supporting a wide range of local businesses, charitable organisations, and community groups.
We emphasise to our employees that consumption of alcohol is an adults-only activity, and require them to be vigilant in preventing individual under the legal age from consuming alcohol to any of our licensed outlets.
We take a committed approach to social responsibility. We want our customers to enjoy our facilities, to feel safe and to exercise self-control.
If any of the following cause you concern, please contact a member of staff.
ZERO TOLERANCE - UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
We will always -
• Intervene to stop abuse, threats and violence
• Remove and permanently bar those responsible
• Press the police for the prosecution of those who assault or racially abuse a team member
• Remove those who become disorderly
ZERO TOLERANCE – ALCOHOL & DRUG ABUSE
• If you appear to be drunk or under the influence of drugs you will be refused entry
• We will not serve you more alcohol if we think you have already had too much
• We treat vulnerable surfaces regularly to prevent illegal drug use
• We will report to the authorities those in possession of illegal drugs
As an organisation, we aim to play a significant role in building trust in society and solving its problems. Our core values as an organisation drive us to constantly seek new ways to make a real change and improve the lives of people of local communities.
Emerald Resort & Casino’s CSI strategy, governance and activities are coordinated internally through employees from various departments. We also work with a diverse range of charities to which we provide sponsorship and other support.
How to apply. Please DOWNLOAD applications forms here: